The Youth Justice Conferencing Directorate works directly and collaboratively with NSW Police Youth Liaison Officers, the Police Youth Issues Sponsor and their Youth Programs Unit in fulfilling the agency’s joint and several responsibilities for the diversion from court and custody of eligible young people under the Young Offenders Act 1997.
Juvenile Justice has been working jointly with NSW Police covering the transfer of a number of operational responsibilities from Police to JJ. The agreement covers cooperative arrangements with Police including an agreement to the principles relating to the detention of juveniles by police, the use of police resources during critical incidents/industrial disputes and for the exchange of intelligence information.
- Related links
- Access Community Training Corrimal
- Anglican Diocese of Sydney
- Anglicare Youth and Family Services
- Barnardos Australia
- Centacare Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes
- Centacare Newcastle
- Djigay Centre of Excellence
- Legal Aid NSW
- Mission Australia
- New England Institute of TAFE
- North Coast Institute of TAFE
- Police & Comm Youth Clubs
- Salvation Army
- South Sydney Youth Services Inc.
- Ted Noffs
- YWCA - Shoalhaven Branch