- Related links
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Legal Services
- Aboriginal Child, Family & Community Care State Secretariat (AbSec)
- Office of Communities - Aboriginal Affairs
- Aboriginal Children's Services (link to Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) website)
- Indigenous Communities Information (link to Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) Website)
Information for families
Making a complaint about juvenile justice
If you wish to complain about something or someone involved in juvenile justice you may:
- Speak with your juvenile justice officer or counsellor. In a juvenile justice centre you can speak with a unit manager.
- Ask to speak to the manager of the office or juvenile justice centre.
If you are not happy with how your complaint was handled you can write to the agency's Regional Director who supervises the manager (ask staff for the Regional Director's name and address).
If you are still not happy with how the complaint was handled you can write to the Chief Executive (the head of Juvenile Justice). The Chief Executive’s address is PO Box K399, Haymarket NSW 1240.
How to make complaints outside the agency...
You can complain to a person who doesn't work for Juvenile Justice. This person can be:
- The NSW Ombudsman, whose job is to look into complaints people make against government departments.
Level 24, 580 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
- The Attorney General and Minister for Justice
, who is in charge of Juvenile Justice. Your complaint to the Minister must be in writing.
Minister for Juvenile Justice
Sydney NSW 2000
How we handle complaints
All complaints are taken seriously.
Only people who need to know your complaint will be told.
Staff you complain to must let you know what they are going to do about your complaint.
Help making a complaint
You can ask other people to help you make a complaint or lodge a complaint on your behalf.
Juvenile Justice treats very seriously complaints that are deliberately false.